Estates - Estates Services service standard
Looking after your estate.
We work with residents to make sure the areas around your home
are safe and pleasant. There are agreed standards that we must meet
in our gardening and cleaning service and we would like you to let
us know if we are not meeting them.
Keeping Your Estate Clean and
Estates that are provided with a caretaking service are cleaned,
maintained and monitored to the following standard:
- Keep paintwork inside and outside blocks clean and free from
- Remove racist or offensive graffiti within 24 hours of being
told about it (other graffiti is removed within 7 days)
- Keep all areas on estates free from bulky waste and litter
- Keep Communal windows clean
- Make sure that communal areas are adequately lit.
- Check the cleanliness of estates every 4 to 12 weeks
- Take legal action against anyone damaging our estates
Your estate notice board will have information about how
frequently your estate is cleaned. You can also speak with the
staff that you see on the estate or call Ascham Direct.
- Not block entrance halls or landings or use them for storage
(this is also a fire hazard).
- Not leave rubbish or personal items on communal areas of the
Rubbish and Recycling
The Council will collect your waste and recycled items once a
week. To find out which day your waste is collected, ask a
neighbour or phone Waltham Forest Direct on 020 8496 3000. You can
also get advice or information about recycling and collection of
large items on this number. We are working towards providing
recycling facilities on all estates and smaller blocks.
We collect large ‘bulky’ rubbish from collection points on most
estates. Ask your neighbour or our staff whether there is one on
Back to top