Caretakers carry out duties on your block or estate, which
- Health and Safety checks.
- Cleaning refuse or bin chambers and where practical, clear
blocked chutes or arrange for a contractor to remove obstacles
- Replacing light bulbs and reporting lighting problems in
stairwells and communal areas.
- Mopping and sweeping lifts, lobbies, and all communal
- Removing litter and debris from grassed areas and shrubs.
Cleaning play areas and any other external areas within the block
- Removing graffiti and arranging for bulk refuse clearance from
designated areas and illegally dumped rubbish
Caretakers also make safe and report communal repairs, report
vandalism and anti-social behaviour, improperly disposed rubbish,
abandoned, untaxed vehicles or those which are illegally
Caretakers are not responsible for the following
Back to top
- Tree works (this is carried out by Waltham Forest Council)