What is anti-social behaviour?
Your rights and responsibilities are set out in your tenancy
agreement. If you break the conditions in the agreement you risk
losing your home. You are responsible for everyone in your
household and for the behaviour of your guests.
We will do our best to help you if you are suffering because of
the behaviour of other households or people within your household
The behaviour that your household and guests
must NOT do includes the following:
- Cause a nuisance to your neighbours
- Insult or verbally abuse people
- Cause damage to Council property
- Have music or the television on so loud that it annoys
- Use loud machinery before 8am or after 10pm
- Behave violently to people within or outside of your
- Threaten people within or outside of your household with
This applies within your property and within all shared areas
(including stairs, lifts, gardens, paving, play areas and parking
We will also do our best to help you if the problem is not being
caused by residents of Waltham Forest Housing.
Please try to speak to your neighbours to solve any problems,
for example, they may not realise that loud music is disturbing
you. If this does not work, then get in touch with us.
If the nuisance is serious, please keep notes (what is happening
with dates and times) as the issue may need to go to court and this
evidence will help resolve the matter quickly. We can give you a
special note-keeping diary. We can also provide a tape recorder or
disposable camera if it will help you keep records.
Back to top