Our responsibilities are to:
- Keep your home insured for the full
reinstatement value (this does not include the contents of your
- Provide you with a summary of the buildings
insurance policy and
- Allow you to see the full policy on
- Keep the structure and exterior of the
building in reasonable repair
- Keep services such as electricity to the
building in working order
- Maintain all common parts of the building
or estate where you live.
- Maintain proper accounts of your service
charges and make these accounts available to you on request.
- Calculate and bill service charges for
services, repairs, major works and administration costs
- Bill you the required buildings insurance
premium and Ground Rent
- Serve any legal notices required to recover
ground rent and service charges
Our responsibility for repairs
On behalf of the Council, we are responsible
for maintaining the structure of the block, the estate and all
shared areas, including the following.
All outside parts of the block including the
roof, supports, foundations, outside walls, window frames (except
for ‘green’ lease properties) landings, steps, passages and other
parts of the block that are used by other residents. This
includes drains, guttering, pipes, cables and so on, in the block,
which serve more than your flat, including cisterns, tanks, and
shared heating systems.
(We call them ‘shared’ heating systems because
they serve more than one flat.)
We are not however, responsible for
maintaining door frames if they open onto your own private
garden. This would include doors that open onto patio areas,
but not French windows that open up onto a private balcony.
You must pay your share of the cost of any
work we carry out.
Back to top